Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Crazy 10 Minutes that felt like 10 hours....

This morning was going so great. Laylie slept in till 7:00am, we got ready together, ate a yummy breakfast, and read some books on the couch while snuggling. I decided that I would go out and vacuum the car before we started our outings such as the San Diego Zoo. While I was vacuuming the car, Laylie was playing so nicely in the front seat with the car keys. I got done vacuuming, shut the back door, and then I heard the BEEP that you hear when you LOCK the car. Oh my goodness!!! Laylie is locked inside the car in the garage and we can't find our SPARE KEY!!! What do I do?? How can I get her to unlock it?? Will she be ok?? My first attempt is yelling through the closed car window, “Laylie, get the keys for Mama and push the button.” No such luck!! I run to get the phone inside the house (yes…my cell phone is locked inside the car, too) I call my amazing super hero husband to help us. I say, “I locked Laylie in the car and we don’t have a spare key….my cell phone and AAA card are in the car.” Calmly and so slowly Jason replies, “No worries hunny I will call AAA and everything will be fine.” He does not know that by this time Laylie is sobbing into her little blankie and is scared because Mama can’t get her out. Thank goodness she had her comfort item with her and a cup of cheerios. As I wait for the longest 5 minutes of my life I sing to her, play peek-a-boo through the window and try to keep her calm. 5 minutes pass by and a AAA truck SPEEDS up to the rescue!! The sweetest toothless and most loving man opens the door within seconds and I pull little Laylie close into my arms and we are back together forever!! What a crazy 10 minutes of life... and with my stress levels so high I think I lost 10 years of life. I have been dealing with a headache all day but we still headed to the Zoo for a super fun day with friends. Note to self – Don’t let kids play with car keys; get spare keys on hand; and thank the Lord for AAA. What a day!!!


3 comments:

  1. What a scary and wild adventure. At least it wasn't a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so impressed they showed up so quickly! I'm so happy everything turned out okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhh ahahaha, omg, NOT funny...but isn't it crazy how something like that can just happen in a matter of seconds!!?? Live & Learn right? So glad she's A-OKAY!

    ReplyDelete