Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mama

Since the day I brought home Rael, I have absolutely loved being a mama to my two amazing little girls. Each day I feel so blessed and honored God has picked me to be their mama and that I get to spend every day with my two precious treasures. I have had really good energy throughout each day, and I have had lots of patience and love for my girls and Jason.


Monday morning, I woke up feeling a little different. My neck was painfully aching from constantly looking down at Rael while nursing, I had a toothache, my head was pounding with a headache, and I woke up completely exhausted from getting only one hour of sleep. After my 5:30am feeding with Rael I just sat on my bed and cried. I was so tired and I knew I had to be a sweet loving mommy to my girls in just a few short minutes before they woke up for the day. How can I do this? I can't take 1 hour sleepless nights anymore, I can't do everything – so I prayed, wiped my tears, held Rael on my chest and called someone who would know exactly what I was going through – my own mama.




My amazing mama picks up the phone and in her early morning voice says, "Hi Mindy, what’s going on?" Through my tears I reply, "Mom, I only got 1 hour of sleep and I am feeling so tired. Will you come massage my neck?" And my mama says, "I will be right there!"



She walks in the door 30 minutes later with fresh cut roses from her garden, fresh berries, a peach for my breakfast, and a completely happy smile ready to enjoy an early morning with her grandbabies. She instructs me: “Go upstairs and rest! Don't worry about a thing.” I put my head on my pillow and instantly I was out - dreaming for an hour to two. I woke up and found Rael sleeping peacefully on the couch with Laylie coloring on the floor next to her grandma. My heart felt happier and I was ready to start my day. How come mamas can always make their children feel so good? When I feel hopeless, sad, afraid, or sick, the people I always call on are my heavenly Father, my awesome husband, and my mom. They all comfort and encourage me in different ways. And today, my mama said the perfect thing and made me feel so loved. Her daily example makes me want to be a mama just like her. I want my children to call me when they need someone, and I want them to be able to tell me everything and for us to have a completely open, honest and faithful relationship. I pray God gives me and my girls the love and relationship I have with my beautiful mama.



Mama- you are amazing inside and out. When I think of all of the noble women in the Bible, I truly think of you! You make me want to be a better woman of God, wife to Jason, and mom to my girls. I am so proud of you and I can’t thank you enough for raising your 6 kids with so much love and passion. I love you to the moon and back! Thank you for being the best mama and grandma to my children.


Two of your five grandbabies that adore you

You and your six children you have raised perfectly
LOVE YOU MOM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment