Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Knowing God's Word...A through Z

"It's written down so we’ll know how to live well and right,
    to understand what life means and where it’s going;
A manual for living,
    for learning what’s right and just and fair;
To teach the inexperienced the ropes
    and give our young people a grasp on reality.
There’s something here also for seasoned men and women,
    still a thing or two for the experienced to learn—
Fresh wisdom to probe and penetrate,
    the rhymes and reasons of wise men and women."

Proverbs 1:1-6 (The Message)

Ever since I became a mother with Laylie entering the world, I felt deep down in my heart that not only am I here to raise her and protect her, but that the most important part in being her mother is to train her up to love and honor the Lord with all of her heart. Jason and I would pray together daily that she would be filled up by Him and be a light as she grew up. The moment she started saying words and talking, I felt it was my time to let her know the word of God and give her wise words of wisdom each and every morning when we woke up.  It started by praying, then it went onto reading our Bible, then doing our prayer journals together, and now it is memorizing scripture. The day she turned 18 months we started sitting together on the kitchen floor, looking at the big printed Bible verse that was taped to the fridge, and we would memorize it together. 



Now, 2 years later, our favorite part of the day is saying our Bible verses together and reading his Word each day. I am excited to tell you that she now knows over 40 Bible verses by heart, and 26 of them start with A and ending with Z (Thanks to my sweet friend Kelly for gifting us the amazing verses). Yesterday was the day she conquered the 'Z' Bible verse "Zion hears and rejoices" and I must say, this mama is rejoicing and thanking God for letting this little girl fall deeply in love with her Savior, and for the guiding that I am blessed to be a part of. We are now adding new verses, and the most important thing in life I am praying for daily is that the Word of God will be rooted in her life forever. When she goes through a tough time, she can call out on scripture, if she is having fear, she can call out on scripture. If she needs to be reminded how to live a life full of goodness and love, she can call out on scripture. 


Laylie, mama and papa are so proud of your willing heart to grow and lean on Him. May you never fall short and always have a heart as a child wanting to learn and blossom for God. Just like the other day, when you asked me, "what is 'sin'?" I told you about it and you replied, "God takes my sin cause I prayed one day and now he is in my heart." Sometimes you blow me away with how much you understand! May you beam brightly for Him, and teach others when they need to be lifted up. I love you, sweet Angel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment