Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sisters that are unique made by God

Since we moved, I have noticed so much more about our girls. Laylie has shown her personality more than ever during this move and it's really fun to see how different our little girls are from each other. Laylie has had moments of sadness leaving our condo and still wakes up crying from time to time about our little space that we called home. The home she was carried to in her car seat from the hospital. Where her sweet friend Kapri lives only steps away and they would run around and play together. On other days, she tears up in the car about missing our little dog, Gypsy, every time she hears a romantic song played on the radio. My Laylie can sit still for hours reading books on the floor, or just snuggle with us. She has a huge heart, helps without being told and the most caring big sister. She loves to make others feel happy and feel good inside.
My Laylie is:  sensitive, joyful, loving, has big heart for others and doesn't like change.



Rael, on the other hand, is completely the opposite. She hasn't missed a beat about the move from our condo, to my parents for a week, and into our new home. She goes with the flow and as long as it's fun and you have some healthy snacks for her to munch on, she is great. She won't sit still for a second and runs everywhere. She doesn't care where we go or what we are doing as long as she can play (and eat). If you are sad about something, she will offer a sweet hug and a kiss, but won't take too long to make sure you are totally ok. She makes us laugh all day and has the cutest chubby little body.
My Rael is: Easy going, happy, silly, sweet, enjoys new adventures and expresses tons of energy.



We went to the doctor for a check-up. Both girls were getting a flu shot and a vaccine. Rael went first - she cried as the shot went into her soft skin, but stopped immediately, saw two band-aids on her thighs, and ripped them off as fast as she could. She looked up at me with her big blue eyes as if to say, "whatever just happened - nothing will take me down, mama!" Well, it was the big sister's turn...I looked over at Laylie all cuddled up in the chair. I held her long, slender body in my arms and started to sing "Jesus loves me". The nurse went as fast as she could and gave her two quick shots. Laylie immediately looked at the nurse and yelled "you're mean!" She had tears streaming down her cheeks, her face was completely red, and her eyes showed emotional hurt. She cried for some time in the office, some on the way home, and some even at home. She kept her band-aids on until bath time that night. Yes, my girls are so different, even at the doctors, and that is why I love them so much. My heart is overflowing with love for my two angels. I am SO thankful God made them so special, so unique, and gave them some really awesome gifts. I am one proud mama!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment