Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Snow Day & Sharing a Room

After lots of rain in San Diego and snow falling just a few miles away, we had to make a trip to the mountains to play in the snow. All of my siblings called and texted each other the plans. We all gathered up snow gear from our friends and packed our cars for a fun adventure. We met early in the morning and headed up to Laguna mountain. When we arrived, the ground was blanketed with beautiful white snow, and the air was clean, crisp, and cold. We all bundled up until we could barely move our bodies and we ran to the biggest sledding hill we could find. We had so much fun sledding down the mountain with screams, joy and smiles filling the air. I was the camera lady since I have a big round tummy and probably couldn't handle all of that fun. It was entertaining to see each kid experience the snow a little differently: Rael just sat in the snow and didn't move much, and she mentioned many times that she would like to go back to the car.  I couldn't help giggling as I watched her move like a lilac puff ball. I always knew Rael was my beach "love the sun" kinda girl. Laylie couldn't get enough of sledding and was having the best time along with her cousins, aunts, and uncles. I always knew Laylie was my winter kinda girl and doesn't like the sand on her toes or the cold ocean water. It made it clear to Jason and I that they may be sisters, but they are unique and definitely different from each other. We had the greatest day being together, laughing a ton, and enjoying our white winter wonderland in the mountains. 

















With a sweet baby boy on the way, we had to make some room in the nursery for him. Jason and I decided it was a perfect time to have the girls share a room. They were counting down the days and completely excited about the idea of being together. I always shared a room with my sisters and it is a wonderful memory that I cherish deeply. My sisters and I would spend each night chatting about our day at school, boys that we liked, life's adventures that seemed hard to us at the time, or make up silly games in bed. I am hoping that Laylie and Rael will have the greatest time being together, just like their mama and aunties had. After coming up with the idea, we drove to a big furniture store where I picked out some adorable cottage style beds and dressers, and designing a room for my two little girls. I can't believe how fast Rael is growing up and that she is now sleeping in a big girl bed. Jason and I are excited to watch our girls grow up together, sharing everything from friends, to clothes, to accessories, and especially good times. 





~ Sisters are a gift from above ~

No comments:

Post a Comment