Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Digging into His Word

Every morning I wake up to the sweet words of my little Laylie yelling from her crib, "Mama, awake time!!". We walk downstairs to fix breakfast and start our morning together. After we eat our first meal of the day together, I dig deep into God's word on our kitchen table. One particular morning, Laylie looked at me and said, "Mama, I go get your little Bible and I read about Jesus, too." I watched her little body climb those big 14 stairs up to my room and a few seconds later she came down with my little red Bible in her right hand. She sat next to me and started turning the pages of the Bible like she was reading it, saying her Bible verses and talking about our Savior. This warmed my heart knowing that our little daughter is growing up knowing about our King and that she is becoming a follower of Him. What could be any better? That morning I completely felt refreshed and encouraged by the Word of God and also by my sweet daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment