Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Giving it all up


Jason and I are trying this new thing called..."Saving money" We have been attending a financial university class with Dave Ramsey every Sunday night. This is where we watch a video of Dave Ramsey and we learn all about how to be great savers, how to spend, and how to make life easier. Yes, life easier they say!
So, for this whole month I have been doing so well, trying to be a good saver and spender. Not really running to Target to get anything and everything, trying to find coupons for anything we might be doing, posting things on craigslist, and finding the best grocery deals around town. It has been fun I must say, but let me tell you, the last few days have not been the greatest. Our sweet Laylie had a dentist appointment that ended up costing an arm and a leg, last night our microwave sparked and completely blew up, and today I was talking on speaker phone to my dear friend Kacy while driving and got a ticket. Why Lord? I was doing so well, I was saving for our family and so excited about this new adventure in our lives. Tonight I had a complete tearful moment where I totally gave it all up and asked God to help with every little problem that may occur and asked Him to lead us to where he wants us to be with our finances.
He is the main giver and provider. I need to not worry about every little detail and let my heart know that He will take care of our sweet little family, even when things come up that are least expected. God knows and is teaching me a lesson even though I may not fully understand yet. I don't always like being stretched and feeling completely hopeless, but I do love it when God reminds me that I need look at the big picture. He will always provide!!

Matthew 31
"So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear? These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

No comments:

Post a Comment