Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our 2 1/2 Year Old...

Laylie is now 2 ½ and is a complete joy. I must say, I love being with her every day that goes by and I am so blessed to be her mama. I love teaching her new things and watching her grow into the little girl God is making her to be. She truly is our shining star and a twinkle in our eyes.




Some fun facts about our 2 ½ year old:

She started dreaming at night and calls her dreams – “Movies in her forehead”

She is a true prayer warrior and offers to pray at every meal. Sometimes the prayers will even go for about 2 minutes with her eyes closed shut and hands folded tight as she talks to God. I love it!!

She is going to be an amazing big sister. She can’t wait until Rael comes and she talks to my belly every day. The other day when I was in the swimming pool she swam up to my belly and asked “do you like the water Rael?” Then she gave my belly a kiss and swam some more.

She says the cutest things…When she does not know something, instead of saying “I don’t know” she says “I can’t know.”

She loves the outdoors – going to the park, swinging on the swings, going on bike rides and sitting in the stroller every morning while I go on my morning walks.

She is getting braver about the water and is now a full on swimmer with the help of her floaties. This is a huge improvement over last year when she did not even want to set foot into a swimming pool.

She loves her big girl room and sleeps like a champ in her full size bed.

She does not like loud noises and is still completely fearful of the gardeners. We are hoping to conquer that fear soon.

She knows all her ABC’s, colors, and shapes, and even recognizes most of her letters and numbers.

When we go shopping, she must be the one to unload the shopping cart and help pay for the food. Makes things a little more difficult and slower but it sure brings her happiness.

She still enjoys wearing flip flops every day. Thank goodness we live in sunny California.

She loves picking out her clothes and if she had her way she would wear her “dance” shirt or her “big sister” shirt every single day.

We love you sweet Laylie J. and think you are one amazing 2 year old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment