Blessings From Above

Blessings From Above

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Curls and Contentment

When Laylie was in my womb I prayed for her countless times throughout the day. I prayed certain things like that she would be filled up with the Holy Spirit, that she would love the Lord with all her heart, and other fun things like that she would have musical talent like her daddy, and that she would have bright blue eyes and blonde curly hair. I just always pictured my daughter having blonde curls and helping her style it every morning. Well, the last few weeks have been interesting for the both of us. Every morning Laylie needs to be encouraged that curly hair is beautiful and adorable. She has come to the fact on her own that her hair has to be completely straight and curls just won’t do it for her anymore.  I continually encourage her by saying that God has given her the most beautiful hair and he answered her mommy’s prayer. I name each person we know that has been blessed with curls on their head and how beautiful their hair truly is. My brain tries to wrap around the idea of how she ever came up with this thought as a 2 year old and why she needs her hair to be completely straight? Each day has gotten better and better as she realizes that God has made her beautiful and special. Not only is she learning and growing, but she is teaching her mama to be pleased with what God has given her, too. We all need to rejoice in the things that God has blessed us with that we sometimes don’t really see through our own eyes. Laylie may not like the curls on her head at the moment, but practically everyone in this whole wide world wishes they had them. My little 2 year old and I are learning to be content, thankful, and really realize how blessed we are with everything we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment